Walking guide content
You can choose from 5 walking routes detailed on the 80 pages of our book:
- Exhibition of city architecture – about Kościuszki Street’s townhouses and other interesting buildings
- Kościuszki Street: Top 10 – covering the street’s most interesting sights
- Prominent personalities associated with the street
- Katowice’s most prominent developers – devoted to the Zimmerman family
- Take the tram to the park – a route to take by tram
We also present green areas and sports grounds in the southern city centre of Katowice and Kościuszko Park (with a colouring map). A great treat for all those interested in the region will be four archival maps – from 1880, 1902, 1926 and 1942.
Our walking guide also includes short comments from local residents, links to websites related to the history of the region and a link to the Medialab website offering recommendations regarding some of the most popular shops, pubs, services and restaurants in and around Kościuszki Street.
The cover contains 4 postcards which you are welcome to tear out and send to your friends and relatives with greetings from Katowice’s southern city centre!